Wednesday, August 1, 2012

100% Flammable.

Two weeks ago riding in the car with my Mom:


Me: Mom, what should I wear on my travel day to Alaska from Charlotte?

Mom: Something that won't melt to your flesh if the plane crashes.


That's my mother, showing support in the way she knows best - through morbid half-advice that assures my next underwear purchase will be 100% cotton.  Well, whatever works I suppose.

Underclothing aside and on, tomorrow is the big departure day.  This time tomorrow I will be getting close to the last leg of my journey that spans from 3pm East Coast Time to about 7am Crazy Super Far Away Time. 

I spent this last full day in NC saying as many goodbyes as I could possibly fit in.  Strangely however I don't believe the feeling behind the goodbyes won't truly hit me until I'm actually on the plane.  All of this seems so surreal.

Luckily I will have the comfort, support, and dependability that only non-flesh melting underwear can provide with me.  It helps keep it all in perspective.

1 comment:

  1. I love this!

    I'm going to try to be better about reading your blog this year. Please hold me to this.

    Travel safe! And, in case my text didn't get through, send me your address!

    ReplyDelete